© Reuters. Ukrainian nationwide flag is seen by way of the window of an apartment ruined during Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in the town of Borodianka, in Kyiv location, Ukraine May possibly 13, 2022. REUTERS/Vladyslav Musiienko
(Reuters) – The war in Ukraine could last for many years, the NATO main stated, as Russia stepped up its assaults just after the EU advisable that Kyiv become a applicant to be part of the bloc.
* Zelenskiy visited frontline troops yet again, together with in the vicinity of Sievierodonetsk, praising troopers holding ahead positions as courageous and hardworking.
* Analysts at the Washington-primarily based Institute for the Examine of War think tank wrote that “Russian forces will probably be able to seize Sievierodonetsk in the coming months, but at the value of concentrating most of their out there forces in this little space”.
* 3 Russian missiles wrecked a fuel storage depot in the eastern town of Novomoskovsk, stated the head of the regional administration.
* Reuters could not independently verify battlefield reviews.
* Two top commanders of fighters who defended the Azovstal metal plant in Ukraine’s southeastern port of Mariupol have been transferred to Russia for investigation, Russia’s point out news company TASS claimed.
* Ukraine’s defence intelligence directorate stated 5 Ukrainian civilians experienced been returned in a swap for 5 Russian prisoners. It did not say no matter whether the Russians ended up combatants.
* British Primary Minister Johnson warned of a want to prepare for a long war, which intended guaranteeing “Ukraine gets weapons, devices, ammunition and instruction much more promptly than the invader”.
* BP (NYSE:) continues to be Rosneft’s most important non-public shareholder even with having announced its departure in February, stated Igor Sechin, head of the Russian oil key. BP could not immediately be arrived at for remark.
* Russia’s 2022 coal manufacturing could tumble 17% to 365.1 million tonnes and exports could minimize 30% to 156 million tonnes, the Russian information company Interfax noted, citing the energy ministry.
* “We will not give the south to anybody, and all that is ours we will choose again,” Zelenskiy mentioned in a video clip that appeared to been recorded on a shifting coach soon after what the govt said was a journey to the south of the nation.